Friday 25 April 2014

Bluebells and buttercups

So far, this week, I have completed a couple of designs and placed them in their frames. I have one using tiny wild geraniums, it says "Let's go... flying... take me anywhere the wind blows", can you guess where that quote comes from? 



And I also have this cute little daisy heart - "I will go pick daisies and have a happy heart".

I have loads of flowers drying at the moment and I really hope they'll be ready soon so I can get on with the exciting bit. Most of them are little wildflowers such as the pretty little stichwort and of course I have many daisies and buttercups. I am lucky enough to have found a few early Bluebells; early in my area at least! My daughter and I keep checking on the mountain when we take the dogs out for their walk, they are just coming up. I'm looking forward to that one, they seem to be a real favourite, growing in ancient woodland they have a magical, mystical feel. I'm hoping to find some great quotes to go alongside them, sparking the imaginations of young and old.

I have found that the Natural History Museum have a great few pages to help identify the wild ones. They are also currently running a Bluebell survey, take a look and record where and when you have seen Bluebells.

If you would like to purchase any of my creations, they are priced at £15 each. So just give me a shout. You can contact me through my Facebook page : www.facebook.com/thegardenerswife

Thanks very much for reading x






No comments:

Post a Comment