Friday 2 May 2014

Excited!

Woo hoo I had my first two orders, I was so excited! Thanks to Martyne and Lisa I hope you love them. Martyne asked for a yellow and green colour scheme and specifically that wonderful quote from Shakespeare "When I saw you I fell in love and you smiled because your knew".
Lisa's request was for a Bluebell but she'd leave the quote up to me. I found a lovely verse from Anne Bronte's 'The Bluebell': "That lone flower recalled to me my happy childhood's hours, when Bluebells seemed like fairy gifts, a prize among the flowers". When Lisa explained to me that it was for her sister who'd say as a child she was going to live in Bluebell cottage when she grew up because she loved them so much, i thought it was ace! I couldn't have planned it any better had I have known, i thought that quote was perfect.
I've been working on a few more designs and learning along the way of course... This one below is my favourite. It's a little cuckoo flower and is so pretty. It likes to grow in damp grassy meadows. I've seen so many of them this year compared to last and i guess it's because of all that rain we had, as in floods!
I ran a little competition on Facebook this week and the cute daisy heart featured in last weeks blog now has a new home too.

That's all for now, it's nearly midnight and i need to get some sleep! Thanks for reading x




No comments:

Post a Comment