Tuesday 13 May 2014

Flowers, birds and Country music

Hello, I hope you've all had a good week. I'm a little late with my blog this time, my bad! I've been quite busy coming up with some new creations, I've been trying out something a little different. This Blue tit below has received lot's of great comments and I was quite pleased with it considering it's the first. Here you can see the drawing through to the finished piece.


I've carried on with my usual 'signature pieces' with some great quotes. Much of my inspiration comes from country music, which i just love! This first one is a cute little Cuckoo flower (i think they are so pretty), "The years went by in the blink of an eye, but i couldn't stop thinking about you" - this would be so cute as an anniversary gift. The quote is taken from (although slightly rearranged) a Tim McGraw song called 'Annie I owe you a dance'.
This woodland primrose had a magical feel about it for me so I've gone with a magical quote: "Magic is a gift that not all can see, but for those who can blessed are we".

And here I think these feel a little more modern (only a tad i admit) perhaps it's due to the different frame. Framing my pictures can make all the difference. I might not feel entirely happy with a piece and when i try out a different frame, it just fits! This first one, the viola says "If I had a flower for every time you made me smile and laugh, i'd have a garden to walk in forever". The second is made from bleeding hearts, "Love builds a happy home".


So there you have it! There's a little bit of what I've been working on. Now, I've got a bit of research to work on as I'm meeting up with someone from Llanyravon Manor tomorrow which is potentially very exciting! They have a craft fayre every month so I hope to get involved in the next one.

Take care y'all, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment